Tuesday 12 June 2012

Sudden Menopause and Beauty?

A year ago, at age 41 I had a full hysterectomy because of extensive endometriosis and adenomyosis.
 Long story short, it was a long operation, the external scarring was minimal,the internal scarring was horrendous and it took months before I started to get my energy back.
What I did notice, very quickly after my op was that my skin, hair and nails totally changed, literally overnight.
 I felt like I'd gotten old, shrivelled up and dried out within a week! It has been a bit of a trial this past year to redefine my product usage to ones that will suit my 'without ovaries' state...after all I had spent all my adult life benefiting from oestrogen without even appreciating it!
 The loss of oestrogen causes changes in collagen production which can cause skin to become drier, thinner and less elastic. My hair is dry and has started to fall out in what feels like clumps and my nails are brittle and dry.
Now I've painted this very attractive picture of myself, what can be done?
 At 42, I am far too young to be putting up with this aging!!!
 My skin has benefitted hugely from the Philips ReAura which is the product that really got me into blogging, as it helps to kickstart the skin into producing collagen, which I desperately needed.
But my hair is still getting thinner daily and my nails are bloody awful-so I'm on the look out for things to help me regain my youthfulness :)
Has anyone got any tips to help me with my vanity? I would appreciate it.
Love Lila x

No comments:

Post a Comment